M.TECH or MTech is expanded as master of technology it is a professional master’s degree in engineering this master’s degree combines the study technology with engineering. It is a two year study of a specific engineering department. Grid computing, mobile technology, digital image processing, electronics and communication, wireless communication, power system, electrical and electronics are some domains on which M.Tech projects can be based on.
Wireless communication in M.Tech projects:
- Information is passed from sender to receiver in a well defined channel.
- Various channels help in the transmission of data independently and parallel.
- In wide open space voice and data transmission takes place through electromagnetic waves.
- Every channel has its own fixed bandwidth frequency and capacity by bit rate.
Types of wireless communication:
It is mostly us to communicate in long distance. It is quiet expensive.
Light wave transmission:
Optical signals which are not guided like that of laser. They are unidirectional, easy to install and no license needed.
One directional, easily generated, travel long distance easily penetrates buildings.
Infrared and millimeter waves:
It is mainly used in short range communication doesn’t pass through solid objects, used for indoor wireless LANS and not for outdoor.
Advantages of wireless communication:
- Reliable and secure.
- Cost swings.
- Simplicity and flexibility.
- Higher data rates speed and reach.
Security in wireless communication:
- Most existing security protocols apply cryptographic techniques.
- Hacker is a person who uses computer systems and networks weakness.
- Because of the shared environment of wireless network it is an issue to secure wireless communication.
Mobile communications in MTech projects:
- Efficiency of commercial and administrative activities should be increased.
- Rural and remote communities are provided with universal service.
- It can enable economic and social development of nation.
- Effectiveness of social and emergency services is improvised.
- Mobile and wired: Laptop connected using telephone and modern.
- Fixed and wireless: A network in historical buildings.
- Fixed and wired: Desktop uses fixed networks.
1G wireless system characteristics:
- 1G wireless system: cells, base station, mobile switching center, PSTN.
- Some standards: AMPS, ETACS.
- All based on analog techniques, all used FDMA, operates at 450-900 MHZ, frequency band, system capacity is low, data rate is <10 kbps.
2G wireless systems characteristics:
- Supports voice centric services and limited data, service, like short messages (SMS), FAX etc <9.6 kbps data rates.
- 2G wireless systems some standards: GSM, USDC, IS 136, IS-95.
- Fully digital network elements. TDMA/CDMA for spectrum sharing; circuit switching, operates at 900-1800 MHZ frequency band, 3 times increase overall system capacity.
2.5G wireless systems:
- Fully digital, <115 kbps data rates, GSM to GPRS; analog AMPS to CDPD.
- 5G: CDPD, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA.
- Compared to 2G systems 2.5 provide high speed data communications and continuous connection to internet.
- Services: WAP, MMS, internet communication service like web, email.
3G wireless system:
- Faster internet access interactive web sessions, video calling, global roaming.
- 3G: UMTS, CDMA 2000- 3GPP2, TD-SDMA.
- Simultaneous voice and data transmission.
- 3G phones: Apple I phone 3G, LG KF 750, Blackberry bold 9000.
4G wireless system:
- 4G wireless system: WI-MAX, LTE, Bharti airtel TD-LTE.
- Highly integrated, bandwidth/high speed wireless provides mobile ultra broadband internet access.
Application of mobile communication:
- IP telephony, gaming service.
- Higher definition mobile TV, radio conferencing and 3D television.
- It includes mobile web access.
Power systems in MTech projects:
Power system generates electricity and provides them as electric current to chief users.
Elements of power system:
Four elements of power system are as follows:
It is a way of obtaining energy from the source. There are three types of generation they are:
It is a system of network with lines and cables.
These lines conduct electricity from generation point to load point.
Classification of transmission lines:
- Underground cables.
- Overhead lines.
It has overhead network lines and underground cables to distribute electric current to users.
Usage of electricity is what called as load.
Grid computing in MTech projects:
- Computational of grid is the hardware and software infrastructure.
- Computational grids are both homogeneous and heterogeneous.
- Cousins of grid computing are parallel, distributed and peer to peer computing.
Methods of grid computing:
- High throughput computing.
- Data intensive computing.
- Logistical networking.
- Distributed supercomputing.
- On demand computing.
- Collaborative computing.
5G technology wind turbine design with efficient dynamometer are some of the future promising projects for M.Tech students. This is well supported by our center as offer all the above mentioned projects in advanced manner.