Router Projects for Engineering Students.
Routing is the process of moving packets across a network, using dedicated devices called routers. Router projects applies network concept as communication in network is conveyed by router. It is software or an electronic device that forward data packets through networks. A network that connects two or more computer or electronic device in a network is a router. Complex analysis is performed by routing as it takes places a higher level – an optimal path for packet is fixed. Routing projects is guided and developed in our firm for networking and communication field students and research scholars. Routing carry out an important function, it conveys message from one computer to another and delivers to the target machine.
Methods of Routing in Router Projects
Static Routing: The network is fixed in static routing, no nodes are removed or added and routing table are updated manually.
Dynamic Routing: The most easiest way for routing in a network is dynamic routing. Routing table is periodically updated even small changes occur in a network. EGP or IGP protocols are contained by dynamic protocols. The routing information among various autonomous networks is dealt by exterior gateway protocol. Border gateway protocol is an example of EGP. They use distance vector algorithms as EIGRP and RIP or link state algorithm as OSPF or optimize convergence times. In network three dynamic protocols are available.
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): A widely used link state Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP) is Open Shortest Path First (OSPF). It routes internet protocol packets by gathering link state information from neighboring routers and building a map of network. OSPF forward many messages to link state requests and update to database description. To find shortest path to destination Djistras algorithm is used.
- Many configurable parameters.
- Very flexible.
- Robust protocol.
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): A Cisco innovated advance distance vector routing protocol is enhanced gateway routing protocol (EIGRP). This protocol automatically provides route information to all neighbors by using routers. For fast coverage, routing optimization and to avoid routing loops the diffusing update algorithm is used. A large, maximum hop limitation is made compatible with large networks by EIGRP.
Routing information Protocol (RIP): The basis of distance vector routing algorithm is applied in routing information protocol (RIP). The first routing protocols to be implemented on IP/ TCp is RIP. Limited knowledge is contained by each router that uses this protocol. UDP conveys the information by network. To find a desired path for packet routing a hop count mechanism is used. Routing loops are avoided as 16 hops are employed. It is the simple and easy configurable protocol and gained a wide popularity.
Link State Algorithms:
- Knowledgeable about neighbor is shared in router and compares the routers in autonomous system.
- Sharing information occurs when there is a change it leads to loss internet traffic compared to distance vector routing.
- Conveying information occurs with router in the internet by sending small updates using flooding compared to sending larger updates to neighbors.
Flat versus Hierarchical: They are two most typical routing protocols in wireless ad hoc networks.
Intra domain versus inter domain: These two algorithm varies in their types.An optimal intra domain routing algorithm would not necessarily be an optimal inter domain routing algorithm.
Link State:They flood routing information to all nodes in the inter network.In the routing table every router constructs a picture of whole network.
Distance Vector:They call for each router to send all or a little portion of its routing table only to neighbors.Host intelligent versus router intelligent:The source end node will define the entire route and referred as source routing.In this system the router act as forward and storing devices, sending the packet to the next stop.
Routing intelligence is possessed by the host in the first system; in the later system routers have the routing intelligence in router projects.
Classification of Routing Protocols.
- IGRP (Legacy): IGP, distance vector, class full protocol which was developed by cisco.
- RIPv1 (Legacy): IGP, distance vector, class full protocol.
- RIPv2: IGp, distance vector, classless protocol.
- EIGRP: IGP, distance vector, classless protocol innovated.
- IS-IS: IGP, link state, classless protocol.
- BGP: EGP, path vector, classless protocol.
- OSPF: IGP, link state classless protocol.
Advantages of Router Projects.
- Routing is a hardware devices it performs transmission and it achieves using various routing protocols.
- Goal in routing protocol has increased network security.
- The method of passing information to a specific destination as system or other computer is routing.
- Routing projects has gained its important in recent years. Routing projects is now driven by major players in internet.
- The broadcast can be filtered.
- The collision domain is limited.
- Perform function on WAN and LAN.
Characteristics of Routing Metrics:
Reliability: The context of routing algorithm is reliability; it is defined in terms of bit- error rate of each network link.
Path Length: Most general routing metrics path length.
Load: The degree to which a network resource is busy.
Delay: The time required to move a packet from source to destination through the internetwork is routing delay.
Bandwidth: The required traffic capacity of link is bandwidth.
Different Types of routers.
- Inter-provider border router.
- Edge router.
- Internet backbone.
- Virtual router.
- Voice/data/fax/video processing routers.
- Subscriber edge router.
- Wireless router.
- Within an ISP.
- Core router.
- Port forwarding .
Sample Router projects Topics.
- Router used in IP any casting when compared with proxies for collecting performance evaluation.
- Routers used in NoC (Network on Chip)
- CMP (Chip Multiprocessor System) define latency-efficient architecture by using router
- Design energy efficient ip over WDM networks.