The art of writing secret messages using encryption and decryption methods is known as cryptography. It is a scientific approach that performs intricate mathematical operations. Cryptography intends to deliver several services and mechanisms to guarantee information security. In particular, it achieves privacy, non-repudiation, security, integrity, and authentication. Further, it provides several protocols to make cryptography more user-friendly for developing security applications. Moreover, it also helps you to solve different security without taking too much time on complex mathematics. Are you in search of the best Cryptography Projects with Source Code? Then you can find your requirement in this article!!! In this, we have specified recent research and code development trends of cryptography.
What is meant by modern cryptography?
The efficiency of modern cryptography is majorly based on cryptographic keys. It uses short text strings for data encryption and data decryption processes using cryptographic techniques. These techniques may vary utilizing key types.
As you know well, there are 2 types of cryptographic keys as asymmetric key cryptography and symmetric key cryptography. Here, both these types of keys ensure data privacy. As well, the other name of asymmetric key cryptography is public-key cryptography.
- For instance: Digital signatures from public-key cryptography
- Allow you to perform integrity, non-repudiation, and authentication verification
What are modern cryptography objectives?
On using mathematical concepts, cryptography enables you to securely encode and decode data inefficient way. Consequently, it ensures data protection in both storage and transmission. So, unauthorized third parties are not allowed to access data without verifying the encryption key. Building unbreakable encryption techniques make the cryptosystem stronger than others.
Our developers have well-practiced several algorithms of cryptography to accomplish desired output in both modern and classical cryptography projects with source code for students. So, we have enough knowledge to guide you in all levels of complex algorithms. Below, we have specified two primary types of cryptography keys for both modern and classic ciphers.
Modern Cryptography Algorithms
- Modern Ciphers
- Asymmetric Key
- Symmetric Key
- Stream Cipher
- Block Cipher
- Rijndael / AES
- Stream Cipher
- Asymmetric Key
- Conventional Ciphers
Now, we can see about different types of cryptography. Although there are numerous cryptography classifications, the below-specified classifications gained more attention in the research group. Since these budding classifications are advanced to prevent cryptography attacks. Also, each cryptography classification has unique functionalities to create its achievements in the cryptographic field. Moreover, we have a huge number of research topics in all these types which assure to give a completely new dimension of cryptography in recent research. Let’s have a glance over the list of classifications in the cryptography field.
Classifications of Cryptography
- Lightweight Cryptography Protocols
- Public-Key Cryptography
- Hashing Functions
- Quantum Cryptography
- Secret-Key Cryptography
Once you share your interest in cryptography classification, we provide you with all possible research areas that current scholars are demanding from us. To provide you with advanced research areas information, we undertake a thorough study on each classification. This makes our resource team more stringer than others. Then, we keep on this study repeatedly in specific time intervals like 1 week to gain up-to-date research details for your handhold scholars’ benefits.
This makes our scholars believe us and choose us every time without choices. Here, we have given you some important research areas that currently working for our scholars.
Research Areas in Cryptography
- Digital Forensics
- Cryptographic Engineering
- Applied Cryptography
- Access Right Control Mechanisms
- Smart Grid
- Cryptographic Hardware
From a development point of view, now we can see important cryptographic tools which are sophisticated with cryptographic libraries, packages, and tools. Although all the tools are different in facilities and resources, all these are best to develop Cryptography Projects with Source Code.
tools. So, we are strong in cryptographic project code development as same as research service. If you have a bond with us, we help you to choose the appropriate simulator for your project based on your project ambition. Further, we also guide in performance metrics selection for assessing your developed and simulated project.
Famous Tools for Implementing Cryptography projects with source code
- Matlab is popularly known as a matrix-based programming language
- It makes developers implement any sort of complex data structure like the AES algorithm
- For instance:
- Consider RGB / Grayscale image and perform encryption
- Generate a key to decrypt the encrypted image
- Consider text file and perform encryption
- Generate two prime numbers for public key and private key
- Use public key to encrypt text
- Use a private key to decrypt text
- It is intended to design, develop and test cryptographic proofs
- It generally looks for reasoning patterns in cryptography that highlight privacy variance
- It supports to implementation of hash functions, encryption, zero-knowledge protocols, and digital signature, etc.
- It also enables to develop of verification methods for probabilistic-based systems
- For instance: Related probabilistic logic, observational equivalence, cryptographic proofs, certified program, etc.
- It is used to design and develop cryptographic techniques in Java
- It specially offers Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) and Java Cryptography Architecture (JCA) for cryptography
- It uses core Java APIs for executing fundamental cryptographic algorithms
- It includes the following packages for performing basic cryptographic operations
- JCA engines – java.security package
- JCE classes – javax.crypto package
- For instance: we can see about functions of the JCA package
- Message Authentication – Mac
- Random Number Generation – SecureRandom
- Certificate Management – (CertificateFactory, CertPathBuilder, CertStore)
- Key Generation and Management – (KeyPairGenerator, KeyStore)
- Message Authentication – (MessageDigest, Signature)
- Secret Key Generation and Agreement – (KeyGenerator, SecretKeyFactory, KeyAgreement),
- It comprises nearly 400+ techniques and functions
- It enables you to alter parameters by considering project requirements
- It supports to apply of different modern cryptographic algorithms
- For instance:
- Quantum cryptography – BB84 key exchange protocol
- Post-quantum cryptography – Merkle-Signature-Scheme, McEliece, XMSS, SPHINCS and XMSS_MT, WOTS
- It also uses problem-analyzer for classical ciphers type
- It is expanded as CryptOgraphic Algorithm visuAl representation (COALA)
- It is well-suited for the visualization of cryptography techniques
- It implements different cryptographic techniques which merely work based on mathematical functions
- For instance:
- Mathematical functions – number theory, modular arithmetic, statistics, and probability
- Cryptographic techniques – Diffie Helman, AES, DES, and RSA
- It supports both base level and complex level algorithms in real-time scenarios
Now, we can see the list of major cryptographic attacks in recent developments. In general, the main aim of attackers is to acquire the information of the cryptosystem for performing malicious activities.
Mainly, the attacker attempts to break encrypted data for identifying hidden original information. In other words, attackers look for the plain text from the ciphertext. For that, the attacker needs to find a decryption key. There are available techniques available in several public domains to track the encryption.
So, the attackers are ready to spend more time and energy to detect the secret key which is required for the decryption process of cryptography projects with source code. If the attackers correctly compute the key, then it is easy for them to compromise the whole network/system. For your knowledge, we have given you some basic and advanced cryptographic attacks over cryptosystems.
List of Cryptographic Attacks
- Man-in-the-Middle Attack
- Here, the attacker tries to get key information before data sharing
- Majorly, it is performed in public-key cryptosystems
- For instance:
- Host X demands the public key of Host Y for communication establishment
- At that time, the attacker interrupts and send its public key
- So, an attacker can easily get the information to send by Host X
- Once the attacker reads the information, then again re-encrypts the information and transmit it to Host Y
- Particularly, the attacker transmits its own public key instead of Host X’s public key
- So, both Host X and Host Y are unaware of information revelation
- Timing Attack
- Here, the attacker gets useful information about the encryption key by analyzing computation time
- Generally, time varies from one computation to another while execution
- So, it measures the computation time taken by the processor
- For instance: When the encryption process takes more time, the secret key length is long
- Known Plaintext Attack
- Here, the attacker will get a few parts of plain text information
- Able to decrypt an only remaining portion of ciphertext
- Use some decryption techniques or compute the decryption key
- For instance: linear cryptanalysis on block ciphers
- Power Analysis Attack
- Here, the attacker gets the information about computation nature and power utilization
- As well, it is similar to timing attacks
- Dictionary Attack
- Here, the attacker will prepare a dictionary based on experience
- Actually, dictionary holds ciphertext with respective plain text
- Since this attack comprises different variants based on ‘dictionary’
- Henceforth, an attacker can match ciphertext with dictionary to identify plain text
- Fault Analysis Attack
- Here, the attacker induces errors to cryptosystem
- Then, the attacker examine resultant for acquiring useful information
- Ciphertext Only Attack
- Here, the attacker will get ciphertext information but not plain text
- Through ciphertext, attacker can determine the encryption key in some cases
- Otherwise, an attacker can compute plain text from the obtained ciphertext
- Birthday Attack
- Here, the attacker performs computation against hashing method
- As well, it is different from a brute-force attack
- For instance:
- Assume you have an input that the first person birth date is 21st April and You have to find the second person birthdate which is also the same 21st April. Then, the answer is from any of 365 days.
- To acquire second person birthdate, it requires to investigate 1.25*√365 ≈ 25 persons
- Likewise, the hash function generates 64bit hash values which result in 1.8×1019 probable hash values
- Repeat investigation by different input until you get the same output after 5.1×109 random inputs
- When the attacker can identify dissimilar inputs for the same hash values, the hash function is cracked down
- Brute Force Attack
- Here, the attacker uses all applicable keys to compute the actual key
- For instance: an 8bit key has 256 probabilities where the attacker tries all keys for decryption
- If the key size is high then it takes more time to find the actual key
- Chosen Plaintext Attack
- Here, the attacker will get choice-based plain text and find respective ciphertext
- Therefore, the attacker acquires ciphertext-plaintext pair based on their interest
- So, it is easy to find an encryption key to get whole plain text
- For instance: Hah function and differential cryptanalysis on block ciphers
- Further, Public key cryptosystem – RSA susceptible to chosen-plaintext attacks
- Side-Channel Attack
- Here, the attacker launches this attack to create multiple vulnerabilities in a physical cryptosystem
To the end, we hope that you gained useful information from the above-specified cryptography research, steganography projects information. We guarantee you that all our services are reliable and top-quality in all aspects at the time of project delivery. Further, we also cheer up our handhold scholars to bring their inspired research ideas to their desired research area of cryptography.
For any other clarification about our services, connect with us. If you are curious to know other interesting facts about Cryptography Projects with Source Code, then communicate with us. Overall, we are here to serve in research area identification, project idea making, project development, and project documentation.