To optimize the network usage and the access of the network performance service, the network has to be measured properly. Learn to implement some parameters used to measure network performance with expert guidance. To develop the performance in technology such as SLA, QoS, QoE, etc. the network has to be set properly. The points to remember for the real-time and non-real-time applications in the network are highlighted below.
In this article, our experts have highlighted the significance of the network parameters
Why is network performance important?
- Jitter and Low latency
- Symmetrical Transfer
- Quality of Service Control
The aforementioned are some metrics which is useful for the assessment of the network performance with the indication of the transformation and the composition of the network performance. Below, we have noted down the general issues in the network performance.
Common Issues in Network Performance
- The communication aroused by the enlargement on the quantity of routing information interchanged within the network
- Because of frequent computations and complex the processing is in high
- Due to non-supportive routing protocols, additional storage is essential
True to the knowledge, our experts have listed down the significant features which is the cause of the manipulation of the network performance.
What are the important characteristics that influence network performance?
- Restrictions in Energy Resources
- Communication Channel in Wireless Surroundings
- Mobility of the User and the End System
- Extra Forces such as Environmental Conditions, etc.
- Unbalanced Capabilities of Nodes in Heterogeneous Networks
- In Ad Hoc Networks there is a competition between the Cooperative and the Non-Cooperative Network Nodes
- Routing System is Essential for Infrastructure
- In-Network, the Routing Technique, and the routing Protocols are Required. For an instance, Different Time Scales are Essential for the Adaptation of the Network Condition
In the contemporary era, multimedia communication is in peak even though the users didn’t receive the expected network performance. In addition, the features of the network such as packet loss, latency, bandwidth, jitter, etc. We support you in all aspects of research. For your ease, we have listed down some multimedia applications.
Types of Multimedia Applications
- Interactive Applications
- It is not a delay-sensitive type, for example, web browsing comes under the effort, and the request-response pattern
- Conversational Applications
- It is sensitive to delay, loss, and jitter, for an instance the time variation between the data entities of the stream should be monitored by the voice service
- Background Applications
- The receiver may not expect the service at any specific time for example the e-mail service
- Streaming Applications
- Loss tolerant, Delay tolerant,Delay issue, and jitter is very important parameters in video Streaming
We have categorized the stability of the QoS according to their performance with some parameters used to measure network performance as follows
- Network Layers
- Link Layer
- Application Layer
- Physical Layer
- QoS Strategy
- Data Reduction Techniques
- Energy-Aware MAC
- Channel Suffering
- Packets Priority
- Adjust Sensing Rate
- Modifying Signal Power
- Routing Protocols
- Improvement in QOS Metrics
- Network Life Time
- Available Bandwidth
If you like to know more about measuring network performance parameters, reach our network expert team.