Cloud security is the practice of preventing online stored data against privacy threats through cloud platforms. It gives complete protection over data alteration, deletion, leakage, theft, and many more. It has so many methods for promising cloud security such as VPN, obfuscation, analysis of penetration, firewalls tokenization as well as avoiding usage of public internet service. This page is about the interesting facts in writing in Cloud Security Thesis along with innovative recent research ideas!!!
As a matter of fact, cloud computing gives data protection in all layers of cloud networks to ensure secure continuity in cloud service access. Moreover, it also includes so many security-based advantages on delivering online services. For your reference, here we have listed out a few of them.
What are the key features of cloud security?
- Assure maximum extend of reliable service
- Through these security actions, the users can access their required applications regardless of their location and handling devices
- Reduced Administration
- If you are selecting a reputed CSP or cloud platform, then you can subscribe to the regular security updates and manual security setups
- All these processes generally utilize enormous resources. But in the cloud, all these processes are monitored by the admin in the place of the client
- Centralized Security
- On one hand, cloud computing centrally relies on data and applications, in another hand, cloud security centrally relies on safety
- Hence, it eventually needs the new approaches and software updates for monitoring and analyzing network traffic and web filtering
- Also, it requires strong disaster recovery plans to safeguard the centrally stored data
- Reduced Costs
- Minimize both administrator and capital expenses
- Offers the reactive/proactive security solution in all the time with minimal human involvement
- Eliminate the deploying hardware charges by employing cloud security and storage services
The main objective of service providers is to give a trustable cloud environment for their handhold clients. So, they develop the model which focuses on public cloud safety to earn client trust. Though providers can control the security issues over infrastructure, they can’t predict the client activities on the cloud computing. It is tough to identify what data the client is stored in the cloud, how they utilize the service, and who are all have access rights. So, the clients have an increased possibility to weaken cloud security along with their access policies, private info, and system configuration. By the by, both the client and provider have their duties in every public cloud service type and they are:
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — Defend the user access, OS, virtual network traffic, data, and applications
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) — Protect the data, application, and user access
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Secure the user access and data
Cloud Security Research Challenges
Although the public cloud stores the third-party data and gives them the right to access the data through the internet, it is still difficult to cope with the various security challenges in managing the cloud activities, and some of them are given below. Also, these issues play a significant role in framing new Cloud Security Thesis ideas.
- Access to cloud data and applications
- Based on Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) mechanism, the users are allowed to avail of the service despite the device/location
- Depending on the less effective conventional data center approaches, the cloud users may access cloud information
- Moreover, provider honored access can avoid the own network security controls
- Cloud-native breaches
- The native cloud functions increase the data breaches and data theft
- Majorly, the set of actions that takes place in cloud-native breach is given as follows,
- “land” – Develop the artificial deployment errors or weaknesses in a cloud
- “expand” – Use weak interface/configuration to enlarge the access
- “exfiltrate” – Exfiltration of data
- Cloud data control
- In the case of cloud users, it usually does not give access privileges to physical infrastructure but gives restricted control
- In the case of third-party based CSP’s framework, it offers limited data access in the time of controlling application and servers
- Perceptibility into cloud data
- In several cases, the user attempts to utilize the cloud services beyond the corporate network through devices not controlled by IT.
- By overcoming conventional traffic monitoring techniques, now it is expected to have a cloud service that has its own complete data visibility
- Misconfiguring the cloud service often occur in cloud-native breaches
- Based on recent research, it is found that 26% of companies are currently under due to configuration errors. In addition, it also shows 99% misconfiguration is not observed in IaaS
- The attacker uses this chance as a gateway to enter the system
- Allow cloud infrastructure to meet both the internal and regulation needs. For instance: PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, and HIPAA
- Directing internal compliance by utilizing appropriate cloud services
- Similar to infrastructure, interfaces also have the risk and compliance management process
To be honest, our experts have years of experience in handling cloud security. We have sufficient knowledge in addressing all the key research areas in cloud security. Also, we have the habit of updating the knowledge in technological advancement in cloud security to identify new challenges and findings.
Interesting Cloud Security Thesis Research Topics
- Power Consumption Management:
- The merging of multi-servers from various VMs also increases the power consumption over the whole environment. So, it is essential to be aware of power usage while VM scheduling and allocation which results in low operating cost
- When the network processes a huge number of service requests, it eventually increases the power utilization for executing the service. So, avoiding energy wastage has become a more important factor to design green cloud systems. This green cloud computing system is termed the sustainable computing
- Green cloud is ultimately intended to reduce the implication of environmental conditions through efficient computing resource usage. In order to attain the minimum energy utilization, it works on dynamic, scalable, and reliable factors of the cloud system. Though it does not fully guarantee resource efficiency, it improves the system performance
- Among all the clouds features, readiness and reliability have received high attention
- Resource Monitoring:
- The efficient monitoring system will allow the user to know the actual system status. So that, it can easily meet the SLA requirements
- Measure the resource readiness and performance through low-level metrics
- Also, scalability and flexibility features play a major role in measuring and monitoring the system performance
In addition, we have also itemized the list of QoS parameters used for evaluating the overall performance of the cloud computing security system. Since it technically proves that your experimental results are better than others.
Cloud Computing Security QoS Metrics
- Virtual Systems
- Reply Time
- Execution Time
- Service Throughput
- Data Transfer Rate (DTR)
How does writing a thesis for PhD work?
Most probably, all the benchmark universities praise the scholars who can perform independent study on a particular area to create a good impact on technical advancements. The thesis is the best thing to exhibit their efforts for accomplishing their research goal. In general, the thesis has a standard format to write their research work in different chapters. It includes an introduction, review of literature, methodologies explanation, discussion of result, and conclusion. For your benefit, our experts have given you some checkpoints that are to be followed in cloud security thesis writing to enhance the thesis quality.
- It should reveal that the scholar has created a useful contribution on the handpicked area through their research
- It should prove that their proposed methodologies are more efficient than the existing techniques
- It should have soundproof / evidences to take the stand for their defending point in cases of reviewers comments
Structuring the Thesis
For illustration purposes, here we have given the thesis format that is commonly followed in all research papers. This may slightly vary based on the academic institution/university requirements.
- Introduction (Identify the research topic and motivation)
- Literature Survey (Review over how other related papers handled the handpicked problem)
- Methodologies (Propose the suitable solutions which are better than others)
- Experiments and Discussion (Implement the qualitative and quantitative and discuss the obtained results)
- Conclusions (Present the overall findings with evidence)
On the whole, if you need the best guidance in Cloud Security Thesis Topic selection, code development, and thesis writing then communicate with us. We will give our end-to-end support to achieve your research ambition.