A channel connecting multiple computers is network. It helps to share information thesis on networking is specially developed for students of electronics, computer science and communication. Students are more interested in basing their project on network security.
Security of network plays a crucial role in its development. Confidential transmission of data is possible. Identification of unauthorized and authorized person is made before communicating data, security problems in networking appear in four different areas they are
- Integrity of Service.
- Non Repudiation.
Integrity of Service:Data sender is analyzed and let knows that if it is the correct person or source of an end system is detected.
Non Repudiation:It offers a safe data access with signature.
Secrecy:It confidentially secures information from unauthorized users.
Authentication:It checks the user before allowing access.
Types of Network Attacks:
- Active attacks -It occurs by modifying original data. Otherwise it creates false nodes. It has the opposite qualities of passive attacks.
- Passive attacks. – Passive attackers try to obtain the transmitting information. It is divided into two kinds.
Science of Cryptography:
Cryptography ensures safety and secrecy of messages for both sender as well as receiver. It verifies the receiver and the transmitted data.
- Plain text – Original data.
- Cipher text- transformed Secret message.
- Cipher – the process of changing original message to secret text.
- Key- transforms original data into cipher than cipher text into original message.
- Encode – conversion of plaintext into cipher text.
- Decode – conversion of ciphertext into plaintext.
Traffic Analysis: The message length and pattern frequency are traced by attackers.
Release of Message Contents: Through packet transmission the data is learnt by attackers.This type of attack is not easily detectable. So thesis can be done innovatively in the category of encryption.
Data Encryption Standard:
Symmetric or secret key and asymmetric or public key cryptography are the two kinds of cryptography. Individual key are presented to sender and receiver in secret key methods whereas they both share a single key in public key cryptography.
Elliptic Curve Encryption:
Information’s are changed in a way to provide security during transmission of data through this method.
A new algorithm is obtained by modifying key generation algorithm. It is the most fast encryption and decryption method.
The future of networking belongs in transmitting the message confidentiality. Homomorphic algorithms and elliptic curve Diffie–Hellman algorithm are gaining prominence in this area.